Tomato Coconut Curry Soup contains great nutrient-dense vegetables like sweet potatoes, tomatoes, including spices, and coconut milk which gives this soup a great taste and colour. You can checkout out other Tomato Recipes. Hope you did like my previous post Chocolate Drink With Brandy
Ingredients For Tomato Coconut Curry Soup
- One-Fourth Cup – Water
- One Cup – Onion(finely chopped)
- One Stalk – Celery(finely chopped)
- One – Carrot(peeled, and finely chopped)
- Two – Sweet Potatoes(peeled and diced)
- 250 Grams – Tomatoes(diced)
- Two Cups – Vegetable Stock
- Half Teaspoon – Curry Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Coriander Powder
- Half Cup – Light Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Two Pinches – Red Chili Flakes
- Handful of chopped Coriander
Directions For Tomato Coconut Curry Soup
- Heat water in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery. Saute them for about 15 minutes, until the celery has become soft.
- Add the spices curry powder, coriander powder, red chilli flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir and combine the spices with the onion and celery.
- Now add the carrot and sweet potatoes, saute for more 10 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and two cups of vegetable stock. bring it to boil.
- Put the flame on low heat, cover the saucepan and cook for 30 minutes, till the potatoes are soft.
- After done set it aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Blend the vegetables in a blender in small batches to avoid splattering.
- After blending again put the puree into the sauce pan, add the coconut milk and continue cooking for five minutes.
- Taste the soup if you need more pepper or salt. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Tomato Coconut Curry Soup.
Equally delicious raw or cooked, tomatoes are low in calories and rich in vitamins and other healthful substances. Tomatoes, like potatoes, sweet peppers, and eggplant, belong to the nightshade family. A powerful antioxidant– is the natural cancer-fighting agent in tomatoes.
Tomato is consumed in diverse ways, including raw, as an ingredient in many dishes, sauces, salads, and drinks. While tomato is botanically berry-type fruits, they are considered culinary vegetables, being ingredients of savory meals.
BENEFITS OF TOMATO
Because tomato contains a large amount of lycopene, an antioxidant that is highly effective in scavenging cancer-causing free radicals. The lycopene contains in tomatoes defends against cancer and has been shown to be particularly effective in fighting prostate cancer, cervical cancer, cancer of the stomach and rectum as well as pharynx and oesophagal cancers. It also protects against breast cancer and cancer of the mouth.
A single tomato can provide about 40% of the daily vitamin C requirement. Also contains abundant vitamin A and potassium, as well as iron. Potassium plays a vital role to maintain nerve health and iron is essential which maintains normal blood health. Vitamin K, which is essential in blood clotting and controls bleeding, is also abundant in tomatoes.
The two main components of tomatoes, coumaric acid and chlorogenic acid, fight against nitrosamines which are produced in the body and are the main carcinogens found in cigarettes. The presence of vitamin A in such high quantities has been also shown to reduce the effects of carcinogens and can protect you against lung cancer.
This fruit keep the digestive system healthy by preventing both constipation and diarrhea. It reduces the risk of developing hypertension, also known as high blood pressure. Daily consumption of tomatoes reduces the oxidative stress of type 2 diabetes. They rank high in the preparation if anti-ageing products.
- Hope you like the twisted version of tomato soup and also like to try this at home and enjoy with your family and friends. Do share if you like the recipe and we also like to hear your feedback in the comments below.
- You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
- Will be here soon with some more exciting recipes. Till then Eat Healthily, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.