If you are a vegan lover you must try this beans rice with mushrooms which is made with simple and not very expensive ingredients you can find these ingredients at your own kitchen. Mushrooms give this recipe a meaty taste and beans and rice is a proper and healthy meal to fill your tummy with flavour.
- One Tablespoon – Oil
- One Teaspoon – Paprika
- Two Teaspoons – Sugar
- Four Tablespoons – Rice Vinegar
- Five Tablespoons – Soy Sauce
- 400 Grams – Mushrooms
Ingredients For Beans Rice
- One – Onion(finely diced)
- One – Green Pepper(finely diced)
- Two Stalks – Celery(finely diced)
- Three Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- One Teaspoon – Dried Thyme
- Two – Bay Leaves
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Pepper And Cayenne Pepper
- One Teaspoon – Smoked Paprika
- Three Cups – Vegetable Stock
- Six Cups – Water
- 500 Grams – Small Red Beans
- One Teaspoon – Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt To Taste
- Rice, Hot Sauce For Serving
- Fresh Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Place all the ingredients for the smoky mushrooms except for the oil in a ziplock bag and shake. Keep aside to marinade, flipping the bag over from time to time.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add a splash of oil, the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic.
- Saute until soft, adding more water if needed.
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, cayenne, and paprika. Sautee until fragrant about thirty seconds.
- Add the vegetable stock, water, and beans. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer that helps the beans to release their starch and make a creamy sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Drain the mushrooms from the marinade and add them to the pan. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until they are golden and a bit crispy. Remove to a plate and keep aside.
- After about an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half of cooking the beans should be tender and the sauce reduced and thickened. The sauce will also thicken a bit more as it cools.
- Add the mushrooms, red wine vinegar, and salt to taste.
- Serve over rice topped with chopped coriander leaves and hot sauce on the side.
- Enjoy the beans rice with mushrooms.