Cauliflower Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish of crispy and saucy cauliflower which is deep fried and folded in spicy cornflour based thick gravy or sauce. Hope you like this recipe of cauliflower manchurian as you did like my previous recipe Sesame Noodles.
Ingredients For Cauliflower Manchurian:-
- Cauliflower Florets Cut Into Medium Sizes
- Two Tablespoons Each Of – Oil, Red Chili Sauce, And Soy sauce
- One Tablespoon – Ginger Paste, And Vinegar
- One – Green Chili Chopped
- One-Fourth Cup – Celery(finely chopped)
- Two Teaspoons – Tomato Paste, And Corn Starch
- Half Teaspoon – Sugar
- Water As Required
- One-Third Cup – All-Purpose Flour
- Three tablespoons – Arrow Root Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Salt
- One-Eights Teaspoon – Black Pepper
- Mix the cornstarch with water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add ginger, celery, and green chili. Stir for about two minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for sauce except cornstarch, (chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, and sugar).
- Stir for two minutes add cornstarch and cook for another two minutes, the sauce should be thick, consistency of a pancake batter. If needed add more water, the sauce gets thicker as it sits.
- The sauce is ready, keep it aside.
- To make batter mix flour, arrowroot powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter like pancake batter.
- Heat at least one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Oil should be moderately hot.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter one at a time, making sure it is completely covered with batter.
- Then drop the cauliflowers slowly into the oil in the frying pan.
- Fry the cauliflowers in small batches, four to five minutes per batch.
- fry them turning occasionally until they are golden brown from all sides. Take them out over kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process for the remaining cauliflowers.
- Fold fried cauliflowers into the sauce we made and serve the cauliflower manchurian hot.