Healthy and delicious lentils tacos are easy to make for your entire family on weekends. Low in a fat, vegan recipe with creamy avocado sauce, some spices and veggies which make these tacos a healthy substitute to a meaty taco.
- One Tablespoon – Olive Oil
- One – Onion(finely chopped)
- Two Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- Two Teaspoons – Chilli Powder
- One Teaspoon – Cumin
- Half Teaspoon – Paprika And Oregano
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Chilli Flakes And Salt
- One Cup – Red Lentils
- Two Cups – Vegetable Broth
- One Bunch – Fresh Coriander Leaves
- One – Avocado
- Half Cup – Water
- One Clove – Garlic
- One Tablespoon – Lime Juice
- One Tablespoon – Honey Or Sugar
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Salt
- Eight Flour Tortillas
- Two – Mangoes(chopped)
- Two – Tomatoes(sliced)
- Half – Red Onion(thinly sliced)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add in the spices and continue to cook for one minute more until the spices are fragrant.
- Add in the vegetable broth and red lentils. Cover and bring to a low simmer for about eight to ten minutes until all the broth is absorbed by the lentils and lentils are cooked.
- To make the sauce add all the sauce ingredients to a food processor or a blender, and blend until your sauce is smooth and creamy.
- To prepare the tacos use tongs to hold a tortilla over a flame for about twenty seconds per side to warm them on a gas stove. If you are using an oven, preheat the oven to 180 F. Wrap the tortillas in foil, and bake for ten to twenty minutes or until warmed throughout.
- Assemble the tacos by spreading the lentil mixture on a tortilla, adding toppings, and dolloping some sauce across the top.
- Lentils Tacos is ready to serve.
- Got this Lentils Tacos recipe easy to make then don’t forget to share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Give your feedback to make us better for you.
- To experience more delicious and healthy recipes visit our website.