Pumpkin Chickpea Lentils Stew is a delicious vegan and gluten free recipe with fiber and protein packed meal. This stew is full of protein and fiber because of lentils, and spices give the recipe a different taste and a twist of lemon juice.Hope you like this recipe of pumpkin chickpea lentils stew as you did like my previous recipe Chickpea Salad Wraps.
- One Tablespoon – Olive Oil
- One Medium – White Onion
- Six Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- Two Teaspoons – Cumin
- One Teaspoon – Cinnamon And Ground Turmeric
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Cayenne Pepper
- 800 Grams – Tomatoes(crushed)
- Two And A Half Cups – Vegetable Broth
- 500 Grams – Chickpeas(rinsed and drained)
- Four Cups – Pumpkin
- One Cup – Grrn Lentils(rinsed)
- Half Teaspoon – Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Juice Of Half Lemon
- One-Third Cup – Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- Few Basil Leaves(chopped)
- In a large pot heat oil in a medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, cook for few minutes or until the onion becomes softened.
- Next, stir in cumin, cinammon, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cook for thirty seconds to a minute until spices are fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable broth, chickpeas, pumpkin, lentils, and salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat to low to simmer for about twenty minutes or until pumpkin is tender and lentils are fully cooked.
- Stir in lemon juice and sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander leaves and basil.
- Serve hot the pumpkin chickpea lentils stew with flat bread.
- If you like this recipe of pumpkin chickpea lentils stew share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. If you have any version of this recipe write onto our website.
- Visit our website for more recipes and health imformation.