Spinach Tofu Curry is not only best of tofu spinach recipe but also very delicious and creamy version of Indian cuisine palak paneer packed with iron, vitamins, and protein. It’s an excellent dish for the vegan lover or for those who are allergic to dairy products
Ingredients For Spinach Tofu Curry:-
THINGS TO NEED FOR SPICED TOFU
- Two Teaspoons – Cooking Oil
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Salt
- Half Teaspoon Each Of – Hot Spice Powder, Garlic Powder And Cumin Powder
- A Generous Pinch Of Black Salt
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- Two Cups – Firm Tofu(press and remove excess moisture and then cubed)
INGREDIENTS FOR SPINACH CURRY
- Two Cups – Spinach Leaves(chopped)
- One-Fourth Cup – Water And Coconut Milk
- Two Tablespoons – Cashews(soaked and grounded)
- Four Cloves – Garlic
- One Inch – Ginger
- Serrano Chilli To Taste
- One Medium – Tomato(chopped)
- Salt To Taste
- One Teaspoon – Maple Syrup
- Half Teaspoon – Hot Spice Powder
- Cashew Cream, Pepper Flakes To Garnish
- In a pan, add oil and heat on medium heat.
- Chop up the tofu into cubes and add to the oil. Mix to coat and cook for about two to three minutes.
- Add all the spices half teaspoon each of hot spice powder, garlic powder and cumin powder, a generous pinch of black salt cayenne pepper to taste, and salt to taste or half teaspoon and mix to coat.
- Continue to cook for eight to ten minutes, partially covered on low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach and add it all the other ingredients as listed in spinach curry except the hot spice powder to the blender.
- Blend into a smooth puree. Add puree to the sizzling tofu. Mix well.
- Now add hot spice powder to taste. Cook covered on low-medium heat for ten to fifteen minutes or until the raw garlic smell goes away and sauce achieved the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust salt and spice.
- Drizzle some cashew cream and serve hot the spinach tofu curry with steamed rice, or any naan or flatbread.
- For more heat add pepper flakes