A perfect meat replacement for the vegan lovers. Vegan meatballs is not a real meat but a very good substitute of meat which is jackfruit, using jackfruit in place of meat make this dish more vegetarian. Using gram flour and spices give the recipe a different flavors and aroma.
Ingredients For Vegan Meatballs:-
- Two Cups – Green Jackfruit(peeled and chopped)
- Water As Required
- One Teaspoon – Hot Spice Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon – Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Garlic Powder
TO MAKE BALLS
- 1 Cup – Gram Flour
- Green Chili(finely chopped)
- Half Teaspoon Each Of – Hot Spice Powder, Cumin Powder, Paprika And Lemon Juice
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Leaves(finely chopped) And Grated Ginger
- One And A Half Tablespoons – Crushed Garlic
- Oil As Needed
To Cook Jackfruit
- Combine all the ingredients jackfruit, water, spices in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat or about six minutes. Cook for another six to seven minutes.
- Cool slightly, drain and keep aside.
To prepare veggies
- Meanwhile, dry roast one cup of gram flour in a large pan over medium-low heat. Stir every two minutes for about seven to eight minutes to avoid burning.
- The gram flour should start to smell nutty and change colour slightly. Keep aside.
- By using a fork shred the boiled and drained jackfruit.
- Add the spices, ginger, garlic, oil and mix well. Add a three-fourth cup of gram flour and mix well. Add a tablespoon flour at a time until the mixture starts to come together, not too sticky, but also not dry.
- Oil your hands and shape the mixture by pressing lightly into one inch balls.
- Heat two teaspoons oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add the jackfruit balls and pan fry for five to six minutes on all sides.
- Serve these vegan meatballs in tacos or sandwich.