The Vegan Samosa With Mango Chutney is a quick and easy version of traditional Indian samosas. It is baked instead of frying so it is totally light and good for health snack with tangy mango chutney.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED VEGAN SAMOSA:-
- Ten – Pastry Sheets
- Three Medium – Potatoes
- One – Green Chilli
- Half Inch – Ginger
- Two Tablespoons – Olive Oil(divided)
- Three-Fourth Teaspoons – Cumin Seeds
- One And A Half Teaspoon – Garam Masala
- Half Teaspoon – Chilli Powder
- One Teaspoon – Mango Powder
- One Teaspoon – Fennel Seeds And Coriander Powder
- One Cup – Peas
- Salt to Taste
- Two Tablespoons – Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Two – Mangoes(peeled and diced)
- Half – Red Onion(finely diced)
- One-Third Cups – Raisins And Brown Sugar
- Five Cloves – Garlic(minced)
- One Tablespoon – Ginger(minced)
- Three Tablespoons – Red Wine Vinegar
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Salt
DIRECTIONS FOR BAKED VEGAN SAMOSA:-
- Firstly, boil the potatoes until soft. drain and keep aside to cool. Once cool, remove the skin and dice.
- Dice the chili and ginger finely.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry until they release their aroma and have turned darker in color.
- Add the chilli and ginger and continue frying for about thirty seconds to a minute until fragrant.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the garam masala, chilli powder, fennel and coriander powder. Allow to cook for one to two minutes or until the spices release their fragrance.
- Now add the diced potatoes, peas, and mango powder, mix well and season with salt to taste. Sprinkle over the chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Take one pastry sheet and place it infront of youwith the long sides horizontally and the short sides vertically. Brush it lightly with olive oil. Fold the bottom edge up to the middle, and then fold the top edge down over the middle to meet the fold at the bottom.
- Now you have one long strip of three layers of pastry.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of potatoes on one side of your pastry strip. Take the bottom corner and fold it over the filling to meet the top edge, making a triangle. Then fold the triangle over the flat side to reverse the triangle shape.
- Continue folding it over itself until you reach the end of your pastry strip. Brush the edges lightly with water to seal.
- Lastly, repeat with the remaining pastry sheets and then bake the samosas on a baking pan for twenty minutes until golden brown.
INDIAN MANGO CHUTNEY
- Simmer the chutney ingredients in a small pan over medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, until thickened or for about thirty minutes.
- Serve the vegan samosa with mango chutney or sauce.