Vegetable Fritters is a mouthwatering snack loved by every age of people in India. It is deep fried crispy golden brown snack made with vegetables like potatoes and onions and some spices in gram flour batter and you can use your choice of vegetables to add more nutrition. Enjoy the fritters with green coriander chutney or sauce or red chilli chutney.
Ingredients For Vegetable Fritters:-
- 500 Grams – Potatoes(boiled and sliced thin)
- One Cup – Gram Flour
- One-Third Cup – All-Purpose Flour
- One Teaspoon – Turmeric(grounded)
- Salt To Taste
- One Tablespoon – Olive Oil(divided)
- One Small – Onion(sliced)
- Two Cloves – Garlic(sliced)
- One Tablespoon – Whole Coriander Seeds
- One Teaspoon – Cumin(grounded)
- Two Teaspoons – Red Chilli Flakes
- Three-Fourth Cup – Water
- Two Teaspoons – Lemon Juice
- Handful Of Spinach(roughly chopped)
- One-Fourth Cup – Coriander Leaves(roughly chopped)
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
CORIANDER CHUTNEY FOR VEGETABLE FRITTERS RECIPE
- Handful Of Coriander Leaves And Baby spinach
- One-Third Cup Of Water
- Two Tablespoons – Nutritional Yeast
- One Clove – Garlic
- One And A Half Tablespoons – Olive Oil
- A Big Pinch Of Salt
Indian Vegetable Fritters :-
How to make Vegetable fritters
- Combine turmeric, cumin, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Evenly distribute the hot oil over the surface of your pan.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook for one minute. Now add the potatoes and half of the mixed spices from step two.
- Stir, and move the vegetables to one side of the pan. Add the remaining olive oil to the other side of the pan and add the coriander seeds and red chilli flakes.
- Cook, stirring both sides often while keeping the vegetables mostly separate from the spices. cook until the onions are tender and transparent and the spices are fragrant. Do not overcook the spices.
- In a deep, heavy-bottomed frying pan, heat vegetable oil for frying over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together gram flour, remaining spices from step two, lemon juice, and water to make a smooth batter.
- Gently fold the spinach, coriander leaves, potatoes, onions, and spices into the batter.
- Use a large tablespoon to drop loose spoonfuls of the batter into the frying oil.
- Cook the first side until deeply golden and crispy, flip and cook the other side. Now drain the cooked fritters on kitchen towel.
- Serve the vegetable fritters with creamy coriander chutney, sauce or any of your favourite dipping sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse on high until well-blended with plenty of green flecks left intact.